Job Description / Essential Elements:
Wings Learning Center is a school specifically created to address the educational and therapeutic needs of children with Autistic Spectrum Disorders. Qualified professionals work collaboratively, sharing their knowledge in an effort to address each students’ needs across all disciplines. The WLC staff is a knowledgeable group, all working within their field of expertise. Ongoing staff development, training and support distinguishes WLC as a program that is progressive by keeping current on practices and advances in the field of ASD.
The Speech and Language Pathologist provides speech and language therapy services to students at Wings. The Speech and Language Pathologist works as part of a transdisciplinary team to provide an educational and therapeutic program to children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. The position responsibilities include: assessing and evaluating students, planning/scheduling of all individual and group sessions, creating individualized speech and language materials, working with students with an AAC device, and regularly collaborating with the team. The person in this position will also work as part of the Individual Education Plan team and develop goals and objectives and make appropriate speech and language recommendations.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCCs) from ASHA
- AAC Specialist Certification
- CA State License
- Inspired by communication devices opening the possibilities to communicate knowledge, feelings, needs and wants
- Experience and training with Autism Spectrum Disorder or interest in the field of ASD
- Competitive salary, based on education and experience, $65,000 to $85,000
- 7 weeks of vacation including Spring Break, Winter Break, Summer Break plus legal holidays
- 12 days PTO
- 100% employer paid medical and dental benefits, vision benefits available
- 401(k) plan with an employer contribution
- Ongoing professional workshops and seminars
Please contact Laxmi Ghale for more information at email@example.com.