About the Employer
Evergreen Elementary School District provides all students a high quality education in a safe and nurturing environment where each student demonstrates a spirit of respect, responsibility and a commitment to academic and civic excellence. We are recognized as a high-achieving school district with all eighteen of our schools having received the California Distinguished School Award. Additionally, eleven schools have received the National Blue Ribbon School Award and five of our seven Title 1 schools have received the Title 1 Academic Achievement Award. Our District API score sits at 874, well above the California state achieving school level of 800.
We’re a great place to work, learn and be a part of a beautiful, growing community.
Job Description / Essential Elements:
Provide services of a psychological nature designed to improve the development of the individual student and the educational program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Make diagnostic psychological studies of atypical children referred for study. This may include classroom observation, psychological testing, case conferences, contacting community agencies, conferences with parents, and consultation to the teacher and principal.
2. Assists in planning and evaluating the district’s group testing program with emphasis on interpretation of the results to teachers and parents.
3. Consults with school personnel on individual pupil studies, test interpretation, attendance problems, retentions, accelerations, and other guidance matters.
4. Participates in the planning and conducting of in-service training program in the field of guidance for school personnel.
5. Participates in various educational research projects designed to improve the instructional program.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Prepares written reports of psychological findings and insures their confidentiality.
2. Does follow-up on pupils who have been referred for psychological study.
3. Administers appropriate individual tests to pupils having academic emotional, and social adjustment problems that interfere with school success.
4. Identifies and certifies mentally retarded and gifted children.
5. Re-test mentally retarded children and educationally handicapped children in accordance with district policy and the California Education Code.
6. Serves as a consultant to upper grade counselors regarding individual pupils, as well as the counseling program.
7. Consults with parents, doctors, and various agencies requesting special help or information concerning a child.
8. Serves as a consultant to specialist working in Special Services such as the teachers of the mentally retarded, teachers of the educationally handicapped, speech therapists, and school nurses.
9. Participates in the evaluation of the district’s special education programs and plans.
10. Supervises counselors, psychologists, and psychometrists assigned to the district for training from San Jose State University.
11. Participates at parent study groups and Home and School Club meetings when called upon.
12. Supervises intern psychologists
Requirements / Qualifications
Valid CA PPS School Psychology Credential or Intern Eligibility
3 Letters of Recommendation
Travel SLP Benefits
- 100% Paid Medical Coverage
- State Licensure Reimbursement
- Corporate Furnished Housing or Generous Lodging Per Diem
- Lucrative Pay
- Significant Referral Bonus
- Travel Expense Allowance
- 401k with Company Matching
- Personal Recruiter
- Meals and Incidentals Stipend
- Customized Travel Packages
- Exceptional Customer Service (24 hours/day)
- Professional & General Liability Coverage
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Clinical Director
- Large Support Staff