About the Employer
Located in the heart of the San Gabriel Valley, the El Monte Union High School District was established in 1901. Its high schools include Arroyo, El Monte, Mountain View, Rosemead, South El Monte and Fernando R. Ledesma High School. EMUHSD also features the El Monte-Rosemead Adult School, one of California’s largest and most respected adult programs.
The District employs 623 certificated employees and 625 classified employees. The professional staff provides educational programs for over 9,000 students in grades 9 through 12 and 11,000 in adult education.
Just minutes from the hub of the Los Angeles Metropolitan Civic Center, with the Pomona, San Bernardino and 605 freeways traversing the areas, the district boasts many comfortable and residential neighborhoods in addition to providing sites for a myriad of business and industrial facilities.
The population studies show that approximately 200,000 people reside in our attendance boundaries. The area that the District serves represents a cross-section on interests, professions, and groups. The majority of income for people in this area is broadly grouped into industrial and factory work and retail sales. The families who live in this area include many in the middle to lower income economic groups.The District philosophy of education calls for the school, the home and the community to work cooperatively toward the achievement of its educational goals.
The El Monte Union High School District is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ Disabled/Title IX employer.
The El Monte Union High School District provides equal employment opportunities for men and women and does not discriminate in educational programs and activities or in the employment of personnel and the process therein on the basis of any protected class.
With a commitment to excellence underlying all goals, the Board of Trustees constantly strives to provide outstanding educational services to the youth and adults of the community.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Valid Pupil Personnel Services Credential: School Psychology
- Knowledge of social-emotional impact on student learning
- Understanding and demonstrated sensitivity to the needs of multi-cultural students, including students with disabilities;
- At least (5) years of educational experience;
- MFT or clinical experience highly desirable
- Bilingual preferred
- Copy of Transcript
- Credential Copy (Valid CA Pupil Personnel Services: School Psychology credential in grades 9 – 12)
- Letter of Introduction (Please address your letter to Felipe Ibarra, Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources. Include an explanation of your training and experiences as they relate to the position and please explain why you are interested in being considered for this position.)
- Letter(s) of Recommendation (Please include three (3) current letters of recommendation/reference. Your letters should be dated within the last three years.)
Comments and Other Information
All applications, whether you are a current employee or an outside candidate, must be submitted through Edjoin. Be sure to submit all required documents. Neither applications nor supporting documents will be accepted in the office.
Upon closing, applicants will be screened. All applicants will be contacted through the Edjoin email system or by phone.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources. If you need assistance with the Edjoin system, please contact the Edjoin Hotline number.