About the Employer
At SMCOE we are dedicated to serving our county’s 23 school districts in a shared mission to deliver a top rate educational experience for our county’s nearly 94,000 students. PreK-12 education in California is undergoing dramatic change. Schools and districts are focused on implementing the Common Core State Standards in Mathematics and Language Arts as well as the Next Generation Science Standards. Our teachers continue to deepen content knowledge, hone instructional skills and pursue innovation to realize positive student outcomes. The San Mateo County Office of Education remains fully committed to providing the leadership, expertise, resources and training necessary to support their success. These are exhilarating, if challenging times, but the San Mateo County Office of Education is excited and proud to work alongside our education and community partners in ensuring all our county’s students are well prepared to meet the demands of today’s fast-paced, global society.
Requirements / Qualifications
*School Nurse Services Credential or other valid credential required
- Apply on line at EDJOIN at https://www.edjoin.org
- A complete application package consists of an application, a cover letter, a resume, and three recent letters of recommendation. For a candidate to be considered, all items must be submitted. Incomplete applications or late documents will not receive committee consideration.
Comments and Other Information
APPLICATION INFORMATION & SELECTION PROCESS:
- Incomplete applications will not receive committee consideration.
- Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the candidate an interview. It is, therefore, important that the application be thorough and detailed.
- Reference checks for the finalists will be conducted.
- The San Mateo County Office of Education reserves the right to contact former, current, the most recent employers, and others to investigate past employment records of applicants.
- All materials in the applicant’s file become San Mateo County Office of Education property, will not be returned, and will be considered for this vacancy only.
- The San Mateo County Office of Education may re-advertise, delay, choose not to fill the position, or choose to fill more than one position.
The San Mateo County Office of Education provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons. The recruitment, screening, and hiring of all personnel will be without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age or disability.