May 26, 2020
CERTIFICATED NOTICE OF VACANCY
2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR
We are now accepting applications for the following certificated position for the 2020-2021 school year.
POSITION: School Nurse
WORK DAYS: 184 days, 1.0 FTE
SALARY: Annual entry level salary for certificated teacher placement from $48,551 to $79,733 for a
Full-time position; salary based on prior experience and semester units above Bachelor’s
**Those hired as a School Nurse for the 2019-2020 school year and meet all the requirements are eligible for a $5000 one-time signing bonus. Terms and conditions on the bonus will be given at time of interview and hire.
– Eligible for a California School Nurse credential
Eligibility Requirements for a School Nurse Credential: California R.N. License, Valid driver’s license authorizing the use of a vehicle in the State of California and BA Degree.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATIONS:
All interested outside applicants may complete an online application via Frontline and include a letter of interest, resume, three (3) current, signed letters of recommendation, and verification of valid credentials/certifications. https://www.applitrack.com/LMUSD/onlineapp/
If you are a current LMUSD contracted certificated employees, please complete the Transfer Request form (form attached).
For current Lucia Mar substitutes, classified or any other position please apply online at Frontline as an
Internal candidate. Include a letter of interest, resume, three (3) current, signed letters of
recommendation, and verification of valid credentials/certifications.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: ON OR BEFORE FRIDAY, JUNE 12TH 2020 BY 4:00PM
The provisions of this Notice of Vacancy do not constitute a contract expressed or implied and any of the provisions contained herein may be modified or revoked without notice.
Job Description / Essential Elements:
REVISED DATE: June 15, 2010
TITLE: School Nurse
SALARY RANGE: Full time position. Entry level annual salary placement from $39,192 to $53,140
Partially categorically funded position through MAA (60%)
Under direct supervision of the Director of Student Services. Provide direct school nursing services; assist in planning school health programs, and perform other related duties as required.
1. Bachelor of Arts or higher degree from an accredited college or university
2. Valid California R.N. License
3. Possession of or eligible for a California credential with an authorization as school nurse
4. Valid drivers license authorizing the use of a vehicle in the State of California
5. Prior experience as a school nurse, desirable
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Depending on location, employee may perform some or all of the following functions.)
1. Assess and evaluate the health and developmental status of the pupil in order to make a nursing diagnosis and establish priority for action.
2. Interpret the health and developmental status of the pupil to school personnel, parents, and the pupil.
3. Interpret the results of medical findings of the pupil to school personnel, parents, and the pupil.
4. Counsel and plan action for eliminating, minimizing or accepting the health problems of the pupils which interfere with effective learning.
5. Motivate and guide the persons responsible for students’ health to appropriate resources.
6. Make recommendations to the administrator relative to modifications in the educational program for pupils when indicated by the health and/or developmental status.
7. Provide training and consultation with staff regarding health and developmental needs of individual students.
8. Serve as a liaison between the parent and school in health matters.
9. Develop individual health care plans, write reports, and maintain health records.
10. Serve as a health resource person in the health instruction curriculum (teacher in-service, classroom instruction).
11. Provide guidance and support for the implementation of medication administration protocols, first aid procedures, student medical/emergency information and universal precaution protocols.
12. Support schools in meeting their school site goals of a healthy and safe environment.
13. Consult and/or participate with the Safe School and/or Crisis Response Team.
14. Assist with medical emergencies when on site.
15. Help address emergencies/crisis/hazards as they arise.
16. Assist with communicable or infections disease control for the school community.
17. Implement California State mandated programs in the schools such as vision, hearing, scoliosis, immunization and Child Health Disability Prevention Program (CHDP).
18. Attend and serve as a member of the SST and IEP team.
19. Conduct health assessments/evaluations as required for special educational eligibility determination and development of IEP goals and objectives.
20. Maintain cooperative working relationships with parents, staff, and other district personnel.
21. Serve as a resource/liaison with other agencies and community services.
1. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
2. Ability to stand and circulate.
3. Ability to see and read, with or without vision aids.
4. Ability to hear and understand speech at normal levels.
5. Ability to communicate so others will clearly understand normal conversation.
6. Ability to bend and twist, kneel and stoop.
7. Ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 25 pounds occasionally.
8. Ability to reach in all directions.
9. Physical dexterity in limbs and digits to operate computer keyboard and other office equipment.
NOTE: This list of essential functions and of physical requirements is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary in accordance with the requirements of the job.
The Lucia Mar Unified School District Board of Education prohibits discrimination of job applicants on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, mental condition, veteran status, gender, and the actual or perceived sexual orientation.
Travel SLP Benefits
- 100% Paid Medical Coverage
- State Licensure Reimbursement
- Corporate Furnished Housing or Generous Lodging Per Diem
- Lucrative Pay
- Significant Referral Bonus
- Travel Expense Allowance
- 401k with Company Matching
- Personal Recruiter
- Meals and Incidentals Stipend
- Customized Travel Packages
- Exceptional Customer Service (24 hours/day)
- Professional & General Liability Coverage
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Clinical Director
- Large Support Staff