About the Employer
*10 award-winning schools
*Collaborative, innovative classrooms
*Consistent academic excellence
*The support to persevere
Requirements / Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Psychology, Education, Educational Psychology, Social Work, Behavioral Health, or related field.
- Valid California Credential in General Education, Special Education, or Pupil Services (preferred)
- Board Certified Behavioral Analyst (BCBA) certification
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention certification
- Valid California Class C Driver’s License
- Experience in providing educational programs and behavior plans for students with autism and emotionally disturbed is preferred.
- Experience training others in the behavior management techniques using Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), Discrete Trial Teaching (DTT), Pivotal Response Training (PRT) and verbal
behavior is preferred.
Must submit resume and two (2) recent letters of recommendation (dated within last 6 months) with completed application.
Classified Behavior Intervention Specialist (BCBA) is a 215 day work year. Certificated Behavior Intervention Specialist (BCBA) is a 195 day work year.
Comments and Other Information
Prior to final hiring and placement, the candidate must pass a Pre-Placement Physical Examination paid for by the Newhall School District. The examination may also include a urinalysis for drug screening. The candidate must also receive fingerprint clearance from the California Department of Justice.